From our monthly sponsor: Design every part of your website with the brand new Divi Theme Builder. Try it for free.
Today we’d like to share some inspiration for image grid effects. The idea is to animate the grid item when opening it, the other grid items’ disappearance and the new content. The content shown can be anything from just the larger version of the image and a title (think image gallery) or something like an album view. The common effect to all is the animation of the clicked grid image: we move it to the desired spot, scale it up and then replace it with a larger version. This creates a direct flow between the grid and the other (full) view.
The images in the demos are from Unsplash.com, the place for fantastic free and high-quality photography.
Here is an overview of all demos:
- Demo 1: The current image becomes fullscreen and the page gets covered with a circle that comes from opposing sides.
- Demo 2: The current image takes up half of the screen on the left while the grid items scale down and disappear. A description will show up in the full view.
- Demo 3: The current image flies to the lower part of the screen while the title appears on top of it. The grid items disappear by “falling” down and fading out with different delays.
- Demo 4: This demo shows how a gallery view could be changed by making a thumbnail navigation appear in the full view. The grid items all scale down to the lower center of the page.
- Demo 5: Here we have an example of a album grid where the full view is a detailed view of a particular photo album with a description.
- Demo 6: The last demo shows how the grid items can be animated laterally in an interesting way and create a bit of motion.
We hope you enjoy this little experiment and find it inspiring!
Featured image credits: Minimal Browser PSD Template by Do/Make