From our sponsor: Elevate all your marketing with Mailchimp Smarts.
Today is our 3rd birthday! Yay! Three years ago the first article was released on Codrops (let’s not mention what that was, alright?) and we have been enjoying releasing articles and tutorials ever since. Right now, we have 431 posts and 16,812 comments! We have more than 20,000 awesome followers on Twitter, over 9000 super-cool fans on Facebook and more than 4000 plusses on Google+!
We’ve made a little compilation in the form of a circular slider with some highlights of the past years (tutorials and development posts with demo). Check it out here:
A blog would be completely pointless without its readers and we feel really privileged to have such an awesome audience, great fans and incredible supporters! Thank you for being awesome! 🙂
There are so many people we want to say “thank you” to; some people helped us so tremendously that we’d like to shout out special thanks to them:
- The awesome team from Valcato Hosting for their constant and instant support. We’ve been with them from the very beginning on and they are an excellent hosting company.
- BuySellAds, especially Matthew Kammerer, Todd Garland and the whole support team for changing our lives by making Codrops profitable. This also allows us to offer everything for free.
- Vitaly Friedman and the team of Smashing Magazine for their support, the inspiration and for sharing and mentioning our work. Without them we’d not be the Codrops you know today.
- Paul Andrew from Speckyboy Design Magazine for inspiring us and supporting us by sharing our work.
- Dainis Graveris and the team of 1stwebdesigner for being great guys and for sharing our work
- Vandelay Design for their awesome inspiration and support.
- Web Design Ledger for their great round-ups and for mentioning us and spreading the word.
- Web Appers for adding us to their news and sharing our work.
- Web Resources Depot for sharing and featuring our work.
- Paul Irish for developing the greatest tools for the web and moving it forward and for sharing our work.
- Elijah Manor for being one of the first persons to share our works and help spreading the word.
- All our advertisers for supporting us and Mighty Deals for their great affiliate program.
- All the great artists and photographers who offer their work to be used freely.
- Subtle Patterns for stunning free patterns.
- The following people for being awesome (in no particular order), for their feedback and for help spreading the word, we love you for that: Holly Reynolds, Boris Rasonja, Jan Rajtoral, Nikola Lazarevic, Pablo Lara, Marco Kuiper, Desizn Tech, Dan Denney, Mike Lane, Brian Rinaldi, Matthieu Bué, Giuliano Ambrosio, Timothy Whalin, Paulund, Jamie Peak, DesignModo, Viktoriana, Anariel, Veerle Pieters, Pedro Rogério, Piervincenzo Madeo, Antonio Lupetti, and so many more! This list is surely incomplete and we are extremely sorry for everyone we didn’t mention!
… and of course, super special thanks to our awesome writers, guest authors and contributors who helped us grow Codrops:
- Patrick Cox
- Carrie Cousins
- Ring Wing
- Marcin Dziewulski
- Gisele Muller
- Sergio Camalich
- Alessio Atzeni
- Stéphanie Walter
- Tim Holman
- Tyler Craft
- Sergey Lukin
- Caleb Jacob
- Delwin Campbell
- Daniel Sternlicht
- Jay Salvat
- Kim Petersen
- Michael Donovan
- Brian S. Reed
- Kayla Knight
- Stelian Subotin
If you’d like to join this list of awesome contributors then contact us! We are constantly searching for great authors, innovative & creative minds and bold thinkers, designers and web developers.
Our plans for the future? Rock on! Make more creative web stuff and push the limits of web technologies and offer a broader spectrum of topics. Give us your feedback, we’d love to hear what you’d like to see on Codrops in the future.
We’ve received so many supportive emails and messages. People saying how they love our work and how it inspires them. We are extremely sorry if we sometimes cannot reply to all of you, we want you to know that it means a lot to us, that every email, contact form submission, tweet and message gets read and appreciated, they make it all worthwhile, THANK YOU, we love you!
Don’t forget to check out the circular slider compilation of some of our highlights:
You can also download the source files of the slider.
your Codrops team