Codrops is dedicated to provide high quality content that is completely free of charge for its readers. With over half a million active users every month, Codrops is a great place to advertise to a wonderful international audience of web designers and developers.
We have several advertising spots on the blog and in our demos that you can purchase directly from us. There are also some banner ads that we sell over BuySellAds.com and that you can purchase directly here:
In the following you can learn about all the advertising options we have on Codrops.
1) Weekly News: The Collective
The weekly Codrops Collective features the latest news and resources from the web design & development community. It has become a very popular reading list for many. It gets published on our site, gets sent out as newsletter and is read by more than 63.000 RSS feed subscribers.
Your sponsored news item will be placed in the top row of our Collective issue (labeled “Our Sponsor”) including a linked image, a linked title and a short description (max. 160 characters). Previous advertisers include Squarespace, Hired, FullStory, ClubHouse and many more.
- Image (350px width and maximal 400px height)
- Title (max. 60 characters)
- Description (max 260 characters)
- CTA (max. 3 words)
- Campaign link
2) Homepage & Collective Banner
For special campaigns, we have a prominent option which consists of two banners that are placed on the homepage (left side) and each Collective issue.
A sponsorship can be purchased on a weekly basis or based on your specific needs.
- Homepage banner of size 390 × 250 pixels and the campaign link
- Collective banner of size 960 × 145 pixels and the campaign link
3) Monthly Sponsor
The monthly sponsorship is a package that includes a sidebar ad, an article text link, as well as the short Collective title box link. Additionally, we offer a short text link placement in every of our +500 demos.
We also include the option to tweet and publish a Facebook post.
Every sponsorship is also placed in our monthly newsletter which is released in the beginning of every month.
All monthly sponsors are rotated evenly and appear in random order in the sidebar.
- Newsletter: 600 × 400 pixel image, link, title (max. 120 characters), description (max. 300 characters)
- Sidebar: 300 × 250 pixel image, link, text (max. 130 characters)
- Article: link and text (max. 100 characters)
- Collective title box: link and text (max. 60 characters)
- Tweet: text (max. 239 chars), link, image (optional, 1024 × 512 pixel)
- Facebook post: text (max. 230 chars including link), link, image (800 × 600 pixel)
- Demo: text (max. 100 characters), link, image (260 × 200 pixel)
4) Sponsored Article
If you would like to share relevant content with our readers beyond a tagline, the sponsored post is the right choice for you. A sponsored article gets published just like any other post on Codrops (labeled as “sponsored”) and stays on the site forever.
It will be shared on Twitter by @codrops (> 180,000 followers) and on our Facebook page (> 86,000 followers). The article is also received in full by RSS feed subscribers (> 85,000) and is included in our monthly newsletter.
You can see an example article here.
- Article title (up to 20 words)
- Article content (up to 5,000 words) in HTML format
- Featured image (800x600px), optional
- Short one sentence description of the article (goes beneath the title)
For questions and price information, please send us a message with the options you are interested in and we’ll get back to you asap.
We are also open to new ideas on how we can promote your service or product, please don’t hesitate to contact us.